Heila has 20 years of Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations experience gained as an HR professional and independent consultant in multinational private organisations in the Mining, Automotive, Manufacturing, Aerospace and Small Business sectors. Heila has also worked in various Government organisations across South Africa, the UK and Australia. Her experience in Australia includes development and implementation of extensive HR strategic projects for state government and working directly with SME’s to establish efficient HR and IR processes and policies.
Heila has strong project/program management experience in both the private and public sector. Projects she has led include: Attraction and Retention, Aboriginal Employment Strategies, Change Management, Equal Employment Opportunities, Employment Relations & Legislation, Performance Management, Employee Engagement and HR System Design.
With extensive experience and knowledge across both the business as well as the people function, Heila works with senior management, boards of directors, middle management, professional and operational staff to align people strategies with business strategies, enhancing the organisation’s performance through its people.
Being skilled in measuring the ROI of the people function, Heila has proven success designing and implementing strategies to establish HR as a business partner.
QUALIFICATIONS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) HR (Labour Law) Majoring in Industrial Psychology and Labour Law
- Bachelor of Administration (International Relations)
- Hay Job Evaluation (Hay Management Consultants); Measuring Talent and developing leaders, skilled in use of Talent Q tools (ILS -Inventory of Leadership Styles and OCS – Organisation Climate Survey)
- SHL registered and skilled user (360 Degree Feedback, Occupational Testing)
- Work Profiling System, OPQ (Competency based Interviewing)
- Hogan Assessments (Certified Practitioner)
- Prince 2 (Project Management)
- Change Management (Prosci Change Management, Certified Professional)
- Investors in People Advisor & Assessor
- Professional member of AIM WA (Australian Institute of Management)
- Certified Professional member of AHRI (CAHRI)
KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Recruitment and selection (including Executive Recruitment)
- Review attraction, recruitment, and selection practices, policies and procedures
- Design and implementation of assessment centres
- Personality and aptitude assessments
- Classification and job analysis
- Mentoring and coaching (and the development and implementation of mentoring programs)
- Survey design – Employee Engagement and HR ROI
- Program/project management
- Change management
- Analyse, design and execution of HR capabilities (strategy, organisation, processes, policies, guidelines and technology) to support team and business objectives
- Performance management
- Disciplinary and grievance investigation, policy design and implementation
- Development of strategic (HR) business cases
- Performance coaching
- Strategic planning & development
- Leadership development
Click here to download the Consultant’s profile.