Alasdair has over 12 years’ experience in human resources and industrial relations. He is an experienced HR Manager and industrial relations specialist, with a contemporary understanding of Western Australian Local Government, industrial frameworks and legislative requirements.
Alasdair has a wide range of skills and experience with strengths in the areas of change management, strategic business, industrial relations and human resource management. He has represented Local Government Industry at Fair Work Australia in award variations along with multiple unfair dismissal hearings, and introduced a contemporary Safety Management System to address changes in organisational safety requirements.
Alasdair joined Price Consulting Group in 2015; prior to this his career included roles in the Western Australian Local Government Association, Australian Mines and Metals Association, the Department of Commerce and multiple construction companies. Alasdair’s most recent role before consulting was the Manager of People and Organisational Development at the City of Subiaco.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Bachelor of Commerce Majoring in Industrial Relations, Human Resources and Management from the University of WA
- Masters of Industrial Relations and Human Resources from the University of WA
KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Change management
- HR strategy development and evaluation
- Human resource management
- Facilitation of planning/change processes
- Recruitment and selection
- Workforce communication and engagement
- Performance management and terminations
- Employment contracts
- EBA negotiation
- Industrial relations
Click here to download the Consultant’s profile.